04 September 2007

Sabotage

I was going to respond to sayre in the comments, but decided it'd make a better blog. So here we go.

I'm in college and not doing as well as I should. I have some psychological issues that I am working on, alongside the physical. My mother and I don't see eye to eye on my performance in college, and well....we just argue a lot about it. Because although I do have the capability to be a straight A student, I lack the motivation and drive to do so. So we argue.
As for why I reach for food as a coping mechanism: simple habit. Also, it beats conventional self-harming, although if I'd continued to eat the way I used to I'd eventually end up harming myself much more than I do when I self-harm in other ways. I know that people don't think of self-harm as normal, so I'm trying to stop that as well.
I really only wanted this blog to be about my weight loss, but it seems that I'll have to drag at least some of my psychological issues onto it as well.




(Sorry for not blogging over the weekend. I visited my family and had limited internet access. And I didn't do a very good job of eating healthily. We'll see how much damage I did in the morning, when I weigh myself. I expect despair, desperation, and determination. Stay tuned.)

No comments: