29 August 2007

Sweet Treats

My mother likes to send me home with food. Only it isn't homecooking (Mom doesn't cook much, dad's the chef). This weekend I came home with an assortment of Cheetos and Doritos, plus a candy bar. This is on top of a multi-pack of cookies (Nutter Butters, Oreos, and Chips Ahoy!) that my Aunt Bobbie sent home with me last weekend. Neither of them know that I'm trying to lose weight, so I can't say that they're trying to sabotauge me. And they aren't, either. I haven't even wanted any of the cookies. I've glanced at them, thought about it, then gotten something else. I haven't been wanting terribly sweet things.

That being said, I broke out the candy bar from it's hiding place (the fridge). I had one bite, then another. I savoured it. And then? I wrapped it up and put it back, because I was satisfied. I didn't want anymore. A mere 3 weeks ago I would've scarfed it down in less than a minute, then chased it with something else. Mindlessly eating. So that's an accomplishment that I hadn't even thought of yet.

3 comments:

ADW said...

I wish I had that kind of self control. Thanks for the link...

Sir Fluffy said...

I didn't think that I had that kind of self control either. But apparently it's there.

Sayre said...

You'll be amazed at how those things change as you move along. I used to think that I couldn't LIVE without sweet tea (champagne of the South, you know). But the last time I got sweet tea at my favorite place, I wound up only drinking half of it. And it didn't even taste that good to me. Believe me - if THAT can change, a lot of other things can too!